This opportunity is will Heritage Personal Care Residents, a personal care home. Oversees the direct delivery of resident care, administers, oversees prescribed medications, participates in assessments, and responds to on call emergencies.
- Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as well as personnel matters as confidential information.
- Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures and maintains established standards and practices.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Provides accurate and descriptive records of medical and nursing care of the residents.
- Assigns daily resident care duties of the Community Living Assistants, monitors and evaluates the delivery of care.
- Accurately transcribes and carries out all physicians’ orders and assists with physician visits.
- Participates in resident care planning.
- Evaluates and is alert to the physical and psychological needs of the residents and responds in accordance with proper nursing techniques and protocol.
- Assists with admissions and discharges of residents.
- Assists in the management of Community Living Assistants.
- Assists with direct resident care as time and responsibilities permit.
- Assists with carrying out physician orders, scheduling medical appointments, and making sure transportation is secured.
- Follows on call rotation schedule.
- Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
- Current and valid LPN license in the state providing nursing care.
- Possesses judgement capabilities, initiative, and dependability.
- Ability to read, write and understand English well.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate to residents at a level they can understand. 6.Ability to learn and follow through with the use of computer programs and platforms.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, twist and turn frequently throughout the course of an eight (8) hour shift.
- Ability to push medication carts throughout the buildings.
- Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds in assisting co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift.
- Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of reside